I am once again dreadfully behind in blog posts! Life has just been too interesting to be on the computer lately. I’ve been busy with athletic events (which really require their own post), the kids, and I just returned from a wonderful trip to South Florida to visit my best friends. I do plan to spend some time catching up soon, as there are some things I’d like to jot down, but I noticed this morning while checking my Facebook “on this day” that I have written a blog post on October 1st for the past four or so years – I don’t want to break the tradition!
Over the past week or so, we celebrated the beginning of autumn, a special second new moon in the same month (a “Black Moon”) and our first real cold front of the season! So exciting. The weather this weekend is beautiful, and I’m so excited that we’ll be spending some time outdoors.
As always, here’s my list of local activities and things that I’m excited to do this October!
Decorate for fall and Halloween!
Bake pumpkin bread/muffins, eat ALL of the pumpkin things, and cook chili
Take photos of the changing leaves
Have a family photo session
Plan Zachary’s 8th birthday celebration (!!!!!)
Local activities to possibly attend (some of these are definites – others look like a lot of fun!):
- Sunday in the Park at Oakland Cemetery
- Warbington Farms Pumpkin Palooza
- Browse the Johns Creek Arts Festival
- Owl-O-Ween Hot Air Balloon Festival
- See lizards and more at the Georgia Reptile Experience
- Dawsonville Mountain Moonshine Festival
- Visit the many farmers markets around metro Atlanta
- Trick or treating at one of (several) (different) (places)
- Atlanta Day of the Dead Festival or Dia de los Muertos at La Calavera in Decatur
- Fall hiking around Atlanta
- Lots of bike rides!
Mind and body:
- Attend a yoga retreat at Elohee with my yoga studio
- Participate in the annual Orangetheory Fitness Hell Week