I’ve been working on this list for a while, as I’ll be turning 30 this year… but I haven’t posted it yet. Some of the items I’ve already completed (though I haven’t blogged about them) and some are in progress! I decided to finish my list and blog it because a) I’ll be thirty in four frickin’ months! and b) It’s a good way to keep my blog updated — as I complete these items, I’ll definitely share them on my blog.
I really like Life Lists because writing down and sharing a goal makes it real — and will surely put together a 40 before 40 list at some point (though I have absolutely zero desire to ever think about myself turning 40, lol. Thirty is much easier to handle)!
Do you like using lists to express your goals and plans for the future? Do you find it easier to complete items on your list when you share them with the world?
Here’s my list! If you have ever posted one of your own, I’d love to see it!
Visit a U-Pick and pick berries with my family.(COMPLETED – we visited VT this past summer and went to a berry farm!) Plan our first vacation as a family of four.(COMPLETED! Planned for February 2013, we’re going to the Gulf Coast!) Make a photo book of our honeymoon pictures.(COMPLETED! Did this at the beginning of May.) Print out family photos and organize them into albums.(COMPLETED in the sense of this project. I have made some prints and made a family album from 2010 with almost 300 images! I am now inspired to finish 2011 and get started on 2012!) Stay at the Cheeca Lodge.(COMPLETED!) Have a picnic in the park with Zachary.(COMPLETED – we did this as a family on our Vermont trip! Would love to do it again though!) Make a concerted effort to learn to cook better and spend less money on groceries & processed foods.(COMPLETED) Find five healthy go-to recipes that the whole family likes.(COMPLETED, thanks to my slow cooker.) Donate another bag of clothes that I know I’ll never wear again, but am still hanging on to.(COMPLETED)
- Use up all of my groupons – including the ones that have already expired. 🙁
Make a new friend and reconnect with an old friend.COMPLETED! See The Hunger Games in the movie theater.(COMPLETED on opening day, March 23rd!) Watch all of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice on Netflix.(COMPLETED!)
- Watch 15 movies from IMDB’s top 250 list (http://www.imdb.com/chart/top).
- Get to the half-way point in my Reading Challenge for the year (I’m supposed to read 75 books in 2012, so I need to read 38 books by my birthday). (IN PROGRESS)
- Listen to more music. Blog about the music I’m into.
Update my blog design.(FINALLY!!!! COMPLETED!)
- Reduce my business credit debt by about 50% (IN PROGRESS. I don’t think I will complete this one, but I have made some progress, so that’s good.)
Buy a new camera.(COMPLETED! I bought a Canon 5D Mark III!) Blog at least 3x a week, every week.Doing really great about blogging more frequently, so I am going to say that this one is COMPLETED!
- Keep my desk clean for at least two months straight.
Blog old personal photos and vacations that I never had a chance to blog before.COMPLETED! I blogged about our vacations last year and a few other things. Take at least one day a month to myself to work on personal photography and/or personal photo projects.COMPLETED! I am doing great about this. It helps that I’m on maternity leave, so I’m not working as much, but I hope to keep it up! Create an inspiring art room/office space at home. (COMPLETED) Design an awesome bedroom for Zachary and baby #2.(COMPLETED) Hire a cleaning person on a semi-regular basis(COMPLETED)
- Plant a new garden with Zachary. (This is not going to happen. I got too pregnant to work on this. We will be doing it in September though.)
- Finally feel like our house is organized. (IN PROGRESS)
- Hang shelves in the living room to display photos/art.
- Have what my mom would consider a completely clean and spotless house.