First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I didn’t anticipate completely abandoning my blog for the entire last half of December, but it happened, and I’m back. I had a lot going on with work and preparing to go out of town, and we ended up having a great, fun trip visiting family. Now that we are back home again, I’m ready to focus on 2015.
This year has a lot in store for me and my family – both awesome and crazy! 🙂 I’m planning to make 2015 a wonderful year and have been thinking about my goals and resolutions to work towards. I have rewritten this list a few times as it just didn’t feel right. I had wanted to go with a shorter list like I did last year, but there’s a lot I want to accomplish this year… Some main goals and then sub goals under those. I’ve ended up with 18 items which is significant due to 18 being the number that means “life” in Judaism – “chai” – and this year is going to be a very significant year in my life. So here we go….
- Continue my 3-4x per week workout regime at Orangetheory Fitness. Work on getting fitter and stronger and healthier.
- Purge a LOT of the clothing in my closet. Haven’t worn it in years…. It doesn’t belong there anymore.
- Work on my personal style. Replace (eventually) purged clothing with clothes that fit my style.
- Do something with my hair.
- Work more on the business side of my blog.
- Focus on writing better, more organic and personal blog posts. I like those best, and so do my readers.
- Work on our family albums. Preferably finish one vacation book and one annual book.
- Sort my iPhone photos in Lightroom. Preferably by month, but at the very least by year.
- Photograph everything- especially using my 5D Mark III.
- Indulge in creativity.
- Be a more patient & present person… Especially when it comes to the kids.
- Read 50 books (or as close to it as possible)!
- Thoroughly clean out my house (and keep the house cleaner), and purge unneeded things, including baby items/books and toys that are no longer used.
- Spend less money.
- Spend more time with friends & family.
- Take time for myself when necessary.
- Schedule more family activities. Act like a tourist!
- Move out of Florida! 🙂
Yes, you read that correctly! We are moving this year. We will be joining my parents up in the N. Georgia area this summer, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I want this year to be one of GROWTH. I have about six months to set myself straight, try to work out some of my bad habits, and clean the crap out of my house and life! 🙂 I am excited to document the process here on my blog, too.
I wish all of my friends, family, and readers, a wonderful 2015. I hope we all have a happy, healthy, & successful year, and can leave anything that plagued us in 2014 behind.