Family photos are so important to me, and being able to actually wear a picture of my family and look at it every day is such a pleasure! Last year we had our portraits taken by my BFF Hillary from Stills by Hill in San Diego, and this year, I had one of my favorite photos made up as a piece of jewelry by the amazingly talented Aileen from Charming Memories!
Aileen is a jeweler and an artist. She designs all kinds of amazing pieces and one of her specialties is creating beautiful photo jewelry and hand stamped photo art pieces at her company, Charming Memories. The piece that she created for me to review is a photo piece on a real mother-of-pearl charm! How beautiful! If you are a fan of mother-of-pearl you will absolutely love having the opportunity to win one of these pieces for your very own! The most fun part of this piece is when Zachary looks at it, and says, “Mommy, Daddy, Baby!” – it’s so cute that he sees and enjoys our little family even on a small piece of jewelry!
Here is a picture of the necklace that I received as a sample:
Working with Aileen has been a wonderful process. Although there might be many bigger name commercial/corporate places out there who do similar things with photos, I like that Aileen handles everything herself. It is not like leaving things to a computer or a machine. She uses her own artistic talent to make sure your image is cropped appropriately, placed on the charms, etc. She will also convert your image to the color process of your choice, such as black and white. Also, the photos are all professionally printed and sealed with a jewelers grade resin. This way you can be sure they will be protected from the elements. All charms are water resistent,, which is a relief for me living in a place like Florida, where it gets extremely humid in the summer. I can still enjoy my photo charms!
Aileen makes a variety of jewelry and photo pieces from her amazing Mother of Pearl Photo Jewelry to beautiful Sterling Silver pieces, to adorable hand-stamped jewelry items, and she even does custom orders for those who want something truly special and unique.
BUY IT! Visit Charming Memories to purchase one of Aileen’s amazing photo jewelry pieces! If you place an order, don’t forget to tell her that Bright Autumn Sun sent you!
WIN IT! You can win an 18mm mother of pearl photo charm necklace! Mandatory entry: To enter the contest, visit Charming Memories website or the Etsy Shop, and let me know which products you love the most! This giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY!! 🙂
Additional entries (leave a SEPARATE comment for each one, so if you follow my Facebook and subscribe via email, you would leave two comments. Please do not put all entries into 1 comment or they will NOT be counted!):
- Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect (see sidebar)
- Let me know if you follow Bright Autumn Sun’s Facebook Page
- Let me know if you follow Karen Lisa Artistic Photography’s Facebook Page
- Follow @karenlisa on Twitter
- Let me know if you follow Charming Memories’ Facebook Page
- Let me know if you have marked Charming Memories Etsy Shop as a favorite shop on your Etsy account.
- Add Bright Autumn Sun (http://www.siren.org) to your blog roll (or grab my button)
- Subscribe via email (see sidebar & verify your address) or subscribe to my RSS feed
- Vote for my blog on Top Baby Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Vote for my blog on Picket Fence Blogs (vote daily for extra entries!)
- Tweet daily for extra entries: I entered to win a mother-of-pearl photo charm necklace from Charming Memories during @karenlisa’s #photofunmonth! http://bit.ly/dLkHDZ
The contest ends on December 2, 2010 at 11:59pm Eastern time.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.